Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Open Letter To Tim Besco

Dear Mr. Besco,


I want to congratulate you for your hard work in this last Congressional race. Throwing your name in the hat for any race is very admirable. It takes a lot of hard work, dedication and leaves you with very little sleep. It takes a toll on your personal life, your employment and as you have learned it takes a toll on your bank account. Unfortunately things didn't turn out the way you or many in El Paso would have liked them to have turned out. I understand that you are going through so many emotions right now and might be a little confused. It is only natural for someone who has gone through what you have to feel that way and may have to vent. I have found myself needing to release some stress and find that saying things that I normally wouldn't say helps me deal with that built up anger. But I normally don't go out and say them publicly.

You had some good points in your e-mail. There were certain things that could have been done a little bit better.  But coming out and publicly blaming everyone is uncalled for and unprofessional. I take exception the the negative comments about the LNRC and the fact that you named me in your hate letter.

The El Paso LNRC supported your campaign even when you felt that other auxiliaries did not. We at no time had a candidate that was not Republican speak at any of our meetings. If my memory serves me correctly, one of our members held at least one if not more fundraisers for you. We waved signs for you on the street the weekend before the election. We invited you to every one of our meetings. You only attended one of our functions but we never took that personal. We knew you were working hard on the campaign trail.

I posted a link to your website on my blog. I was on KHRO 1150 promoting your campaign this last Friday and had to deal with attacks from everyone for doing so. I did so because  I believed in you and your campaign. I can understand where your anger is coming from but I do not appreciate you saying I worked against you. I could have easily responded to your e-mail in the same manner you wrote it in. I could have blamed the whole world for my short comings while using four letter words hoping to insult everyone and their brother doing so. But I didn't. I try to conduct myself in a civil manner.

You have to have thick skin, patience and a lot of tact to be able to survive in the political arena. Having a good support group would also help . I am not a professional or an expert by any stretch of the imagination, but it is my personal opinion that you could have done better if you would have not had the struggle between the party and your help. Having a good strategy is always good, but the delivery of the strategy is equally if not more important. The delivery of your strategy was a little rough around the edges to say the least. It was your helps job to make sure your delivery was as smooth as a baby's bottom. But I do agree with you when you said that it was the party's responsibility to support your campaign. There was obviously a break down in communication. I believe that with the right help and support you could have had a real chance at winning.

I am sorry to hear that you are as upset as you are and I am sorry to hear that you will be stepping away from the political arena. Maybe you need some time to blow off some steam and stepping away for a little while will help you get your life back to normal. But I will leave you with some advice. Next time you need to vent, open a window or a door. Sending angry e-mails only makes things worse. If you find that you have to send out a mass e-mail, make sure that you use more than four letter words and that you check your own facts. Sometimes we make a decision based on bad information we are given by others.

I wish you luck in your future endeavors and I thank you for running for the 16th Congressional District.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.