Monday, May 3, 2010

Where are our taxes going?


The economy is tough, we are all having to sacrifice certain things and pinch pennies here pinch pennies there and get rid of wasteful spending.

That should include city and county government.
Nothing bothers me more than seeing our hard earned tax dollars at work.

I was taking my family out to Album Park one Sunday but couldn't find any parking.

I went three times around the park to see this.

A police squad car parked in the middle of the street, going the wrong way, impeding traffic and to make it worse

HE WAS TAKING UP NOT ONE BUT TWO PARKING SPOTS!

I didn't have to look very far to find that the officer was enjoying a little league football game.

How many of us can take the company vehicle to a little league game, have someone else pay for the gas and still get paid like we are on the clock?




Maybe our taxes would be better off spent trying to combat dyslexia.

This sign was like this all day in front of my son's school.

Maybe the Sheriff's office was using reverse therapy on the 33% of all us Americans who suffer from dyslexia.

That's no joke, I suffer from dyslexia and actually read the sign just fine but it seemed to confuse the other 67% on the street.

I always wondered why I kept getting tickets for going 52 in a school zone. It didn't make sense at the time but.......now I see why.

Thanks to the geniuses at the Sheriff's office.

1 comment:

  1. Lmao! You should see the cops during El Paso Pride Day. They take all the squad cars and even park them on the grass area. When confronted they say they are exempt because they are law enforcement. Eventhough they are just their for picnic duty to provide hot dogs and drinks for the volunteers who help clean up the city.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments.