Saturday, April 10, 2010

Food For Thought


I was having a conversation with my TMI texting buddy and fellow radio personality Jaime Abeytia, yeah the guy that sits to the left of me. Or do I sit to the right of him? Well you get the point that our seating arrangement coincide with our political views.

In one of our off the air conversations we started talking about the Tea Party movement.

For some reason people have the idea that members of the Tea Party movement are only Independents or disenfranchised Republicans. I'm going to try to burst his, I mean their bubble on this one.

According to Wikipedia The TEA Party movement is an anti-tax political movement that uses the letters T-E-A to form the acronym "Taxed Enough Already".

I don't know about you but I think taxes affect all of us equally. Tax brackets don't separate us by political affiliation. There are many people with different political beliefs right now that are not happy at all with the way they are being taxed by the government. Are you happy with the way the government is taxing you?

Having said all that here is some interesting information that I found online. Like I said on air, I'm not that smart, I just have a pretty good Internet connection.

"The national breakdown of the Tea Party composition is 57 percent Republican, 28 percent Independent and 13 percent Democratic, according to three national polls by the Winston Group, a Republican-leaning firm that conducted the surveys on behalf of an education advocacy group. Two-thirds of the group call themselves conservative, 26 are moderate and 8 percent say they are liberal."

Go check it out for yourself. Its just some food for thought.

Oh by the way, if you are interested in finding out what this movement is all about there is a Tax Day Tea Party April 15, 2010 from 5pm-8pm at Western Playland Amusement Park 1249 Futurity Drive Sunland Park, NM 88063 or you can get more information on their website www.grassrootselpaso.org






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.